Thursday, November 16, 2006

Antz is Alive and Well - Barely!

1. Hello hockey fans. Its great to be back here on Faux, as it has been a while. I have been on alien soil for the past two and a half weeks. I spent some wonderful days and nights camping in Zimbabwe and Botswana, in remote regions with no modern amenities. It was a memorable safari, with a plethora of hair raising events, specifically involving agitated elephants. While I have literally survived all that the "Dark Continent" has thrown at me, I am anxious to get back to the analysis and commentary.

2. My first order of business will be to join my friends at Faux at the Verizon Center tomorrow evening. For a city environment, Washington DC offers decent tailgating opportunities. Moments before this post, I reacquainted myself with the NHL standings and statistics. Its interesting how well some of the sub-par teams are playing so far this year - the Islanders and Capitals have caught my attention. I had no expectations of either, and predicted them to be at the very bottom of the Conference.

3. I must get some well needed shut-eye right now. Jet lag has begun to set in, and I want to be fresh for the "Southeast Showdown" tomorrow night. Too many hours at African airports and London's Heathrow take quite the toll on the body. I reiterate, its great to be back in this glorious country of ours. See you all shortly. Antz in dream land. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Faux Rumors2 said...

1)Good to have ya back in one piece Antz! Those Pacoderms can probably be nasty critters to be around when upset!
2) FAUXRUMORS is probably busy 'tailgating' at the moment, but we're sure they'll get your message about tomorrow.
3) We're all looking forward to seeing ya, and everyone else tomorrow night in the nation's capital to see the Cup champs take on the up start Caps