Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Next "Great One"

In case any of you have let your guard down the past couple of nights, I am here to remind you that Sidney Crosby now leads the NHL in points. We may be presently witnessing the emergence of the next "Great One." I feel many hockey fans and insiders are taking Sid the Kid for granted, as we have been hearing his name for years, coupled with the most superlative of adjectives. In stating "for granted," I mean that he is only nineteen years old. Sid is still a child and he is dominating men on a nightly basis. His on ice vision and anticipation is phenomenal, and he is doing things reminiscent of Mr. 99. A glaring difference, is that Sid has an attractive physicality to his game. I am impressed with his fearless pursuit of the puck, as he is not afraid to "scrum it up" in the corners. And I reiterate, he is nineteen, several years away from his prime. On another blog, I had predicted that Crosby will take home the Art Ross Trophy this year. The Kid is making me look pretty smart at this juncture. His individual success knows no bounds, and just wait until this slew of stars around him rounds into all-star form. Love him or hate him, Sidney Crosby should be appreciated - he has certainly won me over.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

I believe I predicted that he would win the Hart Trophy, on that same blog, which shall not be named. Sid is for real, the fact that he at 19 is already the best player on the planet, is scary...imagine this guy at 25, he is going to be a beast. Good to see ya posting again Antz...keep it up.

faux rumors said...

1) Nice job Antz. We've been saying much the same thing about this guy since we first got to see him play last season
2) Even barely 18 last year he was head and shoulders over most of the competition. A year older and mature he's beginning to become better than everyone
3) We believe by next year he WILL be better than anyone and following that it is possible that he will become better than anyone EVER!
4) Just imagine when/if he has a decent supporting cast around him. If they can retain Malkin and Staal beyond next year, it'll get quite interesting in Pittsburgh or wherever they end up(Hamilton)

Masked Rider said...

I would echo the words of the writer of this note. I took in a game to see Sidney play as a junior. I think it was in Chicoutimi. Not really certain, but this kid looked better than any junior I had seen since I saw a gawky French kid name Mario play in Laval. Geez that is probably almost 25 years ago!

Antzmarching said...

Sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out... ANTZ always calls em' the way he sees em'. And PINKO, your "other blog" prediction has been noted - you are wise...